Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the signs and complications of the STD.
- Explain the prevalence and risk factors of the STD.
- Screen patients for the STD according to current guidelines.
- Take a complete sexual history.
- Differentiate diagnostic tests in terms of sensitivity and usefulness in different clinical situations.
- Use the treatment regimens currently recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Counsel patients about sexual risk reduction, infection and treatment issues.
- Discuss the options for partner management.
- List strategies to prevent recurrent infection.